If you have a DVR from Comcast but miss the 30 skip feature from Tivo, here’s how to reprogram the remote control. Personally, I use the “HELP” button on the Comcast remote, which is in the middle just beneath the “INFO” button.
- Press the “Cable” button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the “Cable” button blinks twice.
- Type in the code 994. The “Cable” button will blink twice.
- Press (do not hold) the “Setup” button.
- Type in the code 00173.
- Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The “Cable” button will blink twice if successful.
(via Geeky Mac)