With the year coming to an end, here’s my list of the favorite things I discovered in 2012.
- Pinboard.in Easy site for bookmarks. Fast, reliable, and searchable, it’s become the best place to keep Internet stuff I want to remember later.
- The Hunger Games. I read all three books early in the year before the movie, which was pretty awesome, was in theaters.
- Gimme bar. Automatically creates a fully searchable backup of my Instagram, Pinboard, & Twitter history, plus it has a bookmarklet so I can grab anything from inside my browser and keep it. It’s like Pinterest for introverts. And all my content is backed up in Dropbox.
- Letterpress. Free to play iOS word game. I’m getting better at it.
- Hi-Chew Fruit Chews. Found these at the Japan showcase in Epcot in Walt Disney World. They are like a soft chew Starburst that comes in awesome flavors like melon, banana, and peach.
- Dark Sky. a weather app of iOS that tells you if it’s raining at your exact location. I check it pretty much every day before I leave the house.
- Brenthaven bags. I was issued one when I started my new job and I don’t think I’ll ever own a different laptop bag.
- Yogurt Mountain. My new favorite frozen yogurt place. They have marshmallow cream and nutella in squeeze bottles.
- Taco Bell churros. Finally. And it’s about time, Taco Bell.